By Jamie Evans
Quench Your Thirst With This Spicy and Crisp Black Cherry WYNK Mule
If you’re a fan of Moscow Mules, you’re going to love this nonalcoholic Black Cherry WYNK Mule! Spicy, crisp, and refreshing, this cannabis-infused drink recipe can be enjoyed any time of the year but is especially delicious during cherry season. Combining cherry purée with lime juice, ginger beer, and WYNK Black Cherry Fizz, this spritzy, bubbly mocktail is quick and easy to prepare, making it an ideal cocktail for parties or gatherings with your friends and family. Just make sure to communicate with your guests that the drinks are infused, which is key for an enjoyable cannabis beverage experience.
Ideal for those who prefer a low dose, this recipe contains a balanced ratio of THC to CBD. This even blend of phytocannabinoids provides a social and uplifting high, making it approachable for anyone curious about cannabis, without overdoing it. With zero grams of sugar and zero calories, simply add the WYNK Black Cherry Fizz seltzer to this recipe to infuse the drink. It’s that easy! WYNK’s cannabis-infused beverages are also fast-acting, which means you’ll feel effects within 10 to 15 minutes versus waiting an hour or more.
While this drink can be enjoyed on its own, it makes a wonderful companion for food due to the ginger and citrus notes. Some of my favorite pairings include sushi, Thai noodle salad, light curries, or fresh seafood. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re craving a mule!
Ready to start mixing? Continue reading on for the recipe, and keep an eye out for more WYNK x The Herb Somm recipes coming to the blog soon. Cheers!
Black Cherry Mule Recipe
Yield: 1 serving
Target Dose: 2.5 mg THC | 2.5 mg CBD per drink
- Blender or food processor
- Copper mug
- Bar spoon
For the cherry purée:
- ½ cup black cherries or dark sweet cherries, pitted (you can use frozen cherries, but bring them to room temperature before blending)
- 1 ounce (30 ml) fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ inch piece fresh ginger, peeled (optional – add if you prefer stronger ginger flavors)
For the mule:
- 1 ounce (30 ml) cherry purée (save the leftover purée for a second round!)
- ¼ ounce (7.5 ml) fresh squeezed lime juice
- Ice to fill copper mug (cracked iced recommended, but cubed ice works, too)
- 3 ½ ounces (105 ml) ginger beer
- Top with WYNK Black Cherry Fizz (7.5-ounce can)
- ½ teaspoon blue agave syrup (optional – add if you prefer more sweetness)
- Lime wheel, cherries on a cocktail pick, and a mint sprig for garnish
- Begin by preparing the cherry purée. Add the cherries, lime juice, and fresh ginger (if using) to the bottom of a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, then aside.
- Combine the cherry purée and lime juice in the bottom of a copper mug. Stir the ingredients well using a bar spoon, then fill the mug with ice.
- Add the ginger beer and blue agave syrup (if using), stir to combine, then top the drink with WYNK Black Cherry Fizz, pouring slowly until the mug is full.
- Give the drink a stir, then garnish with a lime wheel, cherries on a cocktail pick, and a mint sprig.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: The flavor of this drink can vary depending on how sweet your cherries are. Feel free to adjust the lime juice and agave syrup up or down, until you find your preferred balance. If you don’t have a copper mug at home, simply swap for a mason jar or tall glass of your choice.