By Jamie Evans
This Watermelon Basil WYNK Limeade is Perfect for Picnics, Barbecues, and Beyond
Calling all watermelon lovers! Perfect for picnics, barbecues, and beyond, this Watermelon Basil Limeade is both tangy and sweet, combining the refreshing flavors of fresh watermelon juice, basil, and limeade. Guaranteed to enhance any occasion during the warmer months, this tasty nonalcoholic drink recipe will impress your friends while keeping them hydrated.
To infuse this drink at home, simply add WYNK Lime Twist to elevate the recipe. This balanced and crisp cannabis-infused seltzer adds a burst of citrus flavor, as well as bubbly, effervesce to quench your thirst. Offering an even ratio of THC to CBD, this low-dose sparkling beverage is fast-acting and contains zero calories and zero grams of sugar. As the perfect alternative to alcohol, you can consume it for a mellow buzz, without having to worry about a hangover. A wonderful beverage option to enjoy any day of the week!
Before making this recipe, make sure to have all of the equipment and ingredients on hand. We also recommend preparing the basil simple syrup the night before assembling this mocktail, so it has time to cool before combining it with the lime juice to create the limeade. While this drink serves as a mouthwatering apéritif, it also pairs well with food. To balance the tangy, sweet flavors, pair this drink with dishes that bring some spice, like fish tacos, ceviche, or spicy grilled prawns.
Ready to mix up this Watermelon Basil Limeade at home? Continue reading on for the recipe, and keep an eye out for more WYNK x The Herb Somm recipes coming to the blog soon. Cheers!
Watermelon Basil Limeade Recipe
Yield: 1 serving
Target Dose: 2.5 mg THC | 2.5 mg CBD per drink
- Blender or food processor
- Fine mesh strainer
- 16-ounce Mason jar
- Citrus press
- Shaker tin
- Tall glass of your choice
For the watermelon juice:
- ½ small seedless watermelon
For the basil limeade:
- 8 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces basil-infused simple syrup (see note below)
For the mocktail:
- 4 ½ ounces (135 ml) watermelon juice, pulp removed
- 2 ¼ ounces (67.5 ml) basil limeade (save the extra juice for a second round!)
- Top with WYNK Lime Twist (7.5-ounce can)
- Lime wheel to garnish
- Cut the watermelon in half, then add the watermelon flesh into the bottom of a blender or food processor. Purée for 1 minute or until the watermelon chunks turn into juice. Using a fine-mesh strainer, separate the pulp from the juice over a 16-ounce Mason jar (save the extra juice to make more drinks!). Discard the pulp and then set the Mason jar aside.
- Next, prepare the basil limeade. Using a citrus press, juice the limes over a 16-ounce Mason jar (remove the seeds), then add the basil simple syrup. Shake for 15 seconds or until well combined, then set aside.
- Add the watermelon juice and basil limeade to the bottom of a shaker tin. Add ice and shake for 15 seconds or until very cold. Strain into a tall glass filled with fresh ice, then top with WYNK Lime Twist, pouring slowly.
- Stir well to combine, then garnish with a lime wheel, slice of watermelon, and a basil sprig before serving.
Note: Before preparing this recipe, you’ll want to create basil-infused simple syrup. Combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan. Begin to heat over medium, stirring constantly until the sugar fully dissolves into the water. Remove from heat, then add ½ cup of freshly packed basil leaves. Stir into the simple syrup, cover the saucepan, then steep for 1 to 1 ½ hours (or more), depending on how strong of basil flavor you prefer. Once finished, remove the solids by straining the basil simple syrup through a fine mesh strainer into an airtight container of your choice. Store it in the refrigerator until further use.